At Little Bay Pet Services, LLC, we feel most comfortable when all parties know and understand how our policies work. Little Bay Pet Services, LLC understands that sometimes unexpected events occur. To be effective and fair to all clients and out of consideration for our sitter’s time, we have adopted the following policies:
Cancellation Policy & Fees
- Recurring Mid-Day Dog Walks: Less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full amount of the visit(s).
- Pet Sitting: Less than 5 days notice will be charged 50% of the scheduled visit(s).
- Early Returns: No refunds will be given for early returns once a service has started.
- Visit Extension: If you need to extend your visits, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can continue caring for your pets until you arrive home safely.
- Holiday/Overnights: Less than 10 days notice will be charged 50% of the scheduled visits.
Meet & Greets
Our initial consultation, or “Meet and Greet” typically lasts 30-60 minutes. The sitters will come to your home to meet you and your pets. This gives your pet(s) a chance to get comfortable with us in their environment. We will go over their routine, preferences, medications and additional care, as well as house management. If you would like to move forward with our company, we will require keys and paperwork at this time.
If additional pets are added to a household, we require an additional “Meet and Greet” before we will take care of this pet. We also require a Veterinary Release Form as well for this new pet. Fish do not apply to this policy.
Cats must remain inside the client’s home during their absence. It is the sole responsibility of the client to make sure their cat(s) are secured in the home before they leave.
Dogs Leashed On Walks
All our pet sitters are required to walk your dogs on a leash. This is for the safety of your pet, your neighbors, and any other pets we may encounter on a walk. Most towns that we service also require this.
For our vacation visits, we require the following for the safety of your pets:
- Cat visits: Minimum 1 visit per day
- Dog visits: Minimum 3 visit per day
We feel strongly that a minimum of 3 visits per day for dogs and 1 visit per day for cats is required when animals are left home unattended. This is for both the safety and mental well-being of the animals for which we are caring.
- Provide each sitter with a key.
- Provide a lock box (Make sure to enter the code in your client portal under the House Management section.)
- Provide a hidden key in an accessible location (Make sure to enter the hidden key location in your client portal.)
- Provide a door code (Make sure to enter the door code in your client portal.)
Note: Keys given to sitters are labeled with a number and the pets name, so it cannot be traced back to your home.
- Errand fee: Please provide your sitter with enough food, supplies and medications for your pet(s) while you are away. We are happy to pick up supplies for you, if necessary, at an additional fee of $30 per trip (up to one hour) plus the cost of supplies.
- Emergency vet trips: If your pet requires emergency care, we will transport him/her to your preferred veterinarian at $30 per hour. Don’t worry, we’ll call you immediately!
- Pet clean-up: If your pet has an accident (It happens!), there may be an additional charge for clean-up time if the sitter has gone over his/her regularly scheduled visit time.
- No access to the home: It is the client’s responsibility to notify Little Bay Pet Services or update their client portal if the hidden key location, garage code, door code or alarm code has changed. Additional charges may occur if the sitter is at the client’s home longer than the agreed length of the visit, waiting for access to the home.
- Pet Sitting hours are between 6:00am and 9:00pm, seven days a week.
- To avoid any miscommunications, we require all scheduling/cancellations be made through your client portal (preferred method) or the office by contacting (603) 319-1566 or email email@example.com. Once we have received your request for changes or additions, you and your pet sitter will receive a confirmation. Please do not consider your request booked/cancelled until you receive confirmation.
- To “check in” with your pet sitter while you’re away, feel free to contact your sitter directly as he/she will have the most comprehensive report of your pet’s activities. You can find your sitters email and phone number at the bottom of your feedback reports.
- If temperatures are extreme, your sitter might shorten the walk depending on your dog. Sometimes just a potty break followed by indoor playtime is best!
- Note: We do not charge a cancellation fee for inclement weather or school closings.
- Should your pet sitter become unavailable due to emergency or illness, we will send a backup sitter from our team and inform you prior to the visit.
- In the event your sitter is not able to get to your home due to storms, downed power lines, road blocks, etc., we highly suggest you leave a key with a neighbor who can safely get to and enter your home. This person can be listed as your emergency contact in your client portal.
Pet ID and Vaccines Requirements
- According to NH state law, all dogs must have proof of a current dog license. Dogs must have proof of identification on their collar.
- All pets are required to be current on their vaccines.
Pet Supplies and Home Safety
- Collar and leash should be easily locatable when the sitter arrives.
- Ensure that outdoor/indoor gates, fences, windows and doors are secured.
- Leave your sitter with enough food, medication, litter and any other necessary supplies.
Little Bay Pet Services, LLC. Service Agreements
- Little Bay Pet Services, LLC reserves the right to decline or discontinue services to any client with a pet they feel is harmful or aggressive.
- Little Bay Pet Services, LLC reserves the right to decline or discontinue service with any client that poses a personal threat or an unsafe environment to our staff.
- Little Bay Pet Services, LLC prefers not to job share with other sitters, but we understand that this is sometimes necessary.
- Little Bay Pet Services, LLC is not responsible for any damage or pet issues caused by pet sitters from other companies or 3rd parties in the home.
- Little Bay Pet Services, LLC will report any known animal abuse or neglect to the authorities.
- Clients must sign and return the Service Agreement, Veterinary Treatment form & Key Retention form to Kim Dumont (Owner) before the start of the first service.
- Clients must fill out all applicable fields in the client portal. This provides your sitters with all the necessary information, so they can give your pets the best care possible.
Billing & Payments
- Recurring mid-day dog walking clients are invoiced monthly.
- New vacation pet sitting clients are expected to pay in full prior to departure.
- Established vacation pet sitting clients are invoiced after the service has ended.
- We accept the following payments: Check, Credit Card, PayPal. You can pay online in your client portal using a credit card, PayPal or directly from your checking account. Checks must be mailed to the office. Please DO NOT leave them for the sitters to collect.
- Checks made payable to: Little Bay Pet Services, LLC 251 Little Bay Road, Newington, NH 03801
- $25 returned check fee